The Sunshine Coast Business of the Year 2021 winner is Advanced Aquarium Technologies, which was announced along with 29 other Category Winners, and two Hall of Fame recipients at the Gala event of the year on Saturday 13th November.
Sunshine Coast Business Awards Chair Jennifer Swaine said the celebration attended by more than 850 of the Coast’s business community was very special and showcased world-class local talent both in terms of business and entertainment.
Hosted by 7 Sunshine Coast’s Rob Brough, the evening kicked off with a performance by Cirque Bon Bon, followed by a moving digeridoo solo by Chris Williams, with a performance later in the night from Burlesque L’Amour and music from Amplify.
“We are super excited to have secured these performers who call the Sunshine Coast home, but whom pre-Covid-19 would be wowing audiences around the world,” Mrs Swaine said.
Overall, there were 29 category winners including large and small businesses announced across 16 categories, two Hall of Fame inductees as well as the overall business of the year.
Mrs Swaine said the application and judging process was rigorous with judges reading more than 1 million words as part of the applications, prior to panel interviews, before all applications were scored, and winners awarded.
“We couldn’t provide such a high-calibre of Awards without our cohort of experienced judges, so we are very grateful to all of them,” Mrs Swaine said.
“We would also like to thank the 187 businesses who entered this year and our 131 finalists. This year’s entries were again of a very high calibre, which reflects the diversity, depth, and strength of the Sunshine Coast business community, particularly given the effects of Covid-19 over the past two years.
“We would also like to thank our sponsors for their strong support. Without them, the Awards would not be as strong as they are, and we would not be able to acknowledge and celebrate our region’s successes.
“In a first for the Awards, this year we have a naming sponsor on board – LPE.
“The Awards are reliant on sponsorships to ensure we can deliver the program throughout the year, leading to our Gala Awards Celebration in November, and we are delighted to have so much support from our sponsors this year, including the addition of naming sponsor, LPE.
“This is the first time in our 26-year history, we have had a major cash sponsor from the private sector, so this is a massive achievement for the Awards and recognition of the importance of them to the business community.
“And of course, the Awards wouldn’t be possible without the tireless work of our volunteer committee, who give of themselves for the good of the community, contributing around 100 hours a month to deliver the awards year after year.
“Most of all we are excited to get together for a great celebration – the 26th year of the Sunshine Coast Business Awards – particularly after the cancellation of last year’s awards program due to Covid-19.”
This year’s Sunshine Coast Business of the Year – Advanced Aquarium Technologies (AAT) is a world leader in the design, construction, and operation of landmark public aquariums.
Led from Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, AAT has delivered aquariums in over 25 countries including the national aquarium of Denmark, Den Blå Planet, the Oman Aquarium, the Cube Oceanarium in Chengdu, China, and the Ocean Park Grand Aquarium in Hong Kong as well as special aquariums inside the Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne, and the Heart of the Reef aquarium at the Whitsunday Airport.
Hall of Fame inductee COYO creates delicious food for healthy folk and a happy planet. All of COYO®’s certified organic, dairy-free coconut products are made with 100% natural ingredients and are plant-based, gluten-free, preservative-free, kosher certified and teeming with a unique blend of plant-powered probiotics, clinically proven to contribute to a healthier, happier world!
Fellow Hall of Fame inductee Kangaroo Bus Lines is a family-owned and operated organisation that provides an integral contribution to the Passenger Transport Industry in Queensland. The company’s expertise is in moving people and connecting communities through complete, personalised transport solutions tailored to specific needs.
The 2021 Sunshine Coast Business Awards winners include:
- Sunshine Coast 2021 Business of the Year – Advanced Aquarium Technologies
- Hall of Fame inductees
- Kangaroo Bus Lines
- Accommodation (Tourism)
- Large – RACV Noosa Resort, Noosa
- Small – Narrows Escape Rainforest Estate, Montville
- Building and Constriction
- Large – Advanced Aquarium Technologies, Kunda Park
- Small – Becker Constructions, Landsborough
- Clean Technology
- Large – Aussie Tiny Houses, Coolum
- Small – Waste Free Systems, Maroochydore
- Creative Industries
- Large – IN Publishing, Noosa
- Small – 4 Ingredients, Moffat Beach
- Education and Training
- Large – Wildings Forest School, Burnside
- Small – The Eighth Mile Consulting, Glenview
- Experiences (Tourism)
- Large – The Ginger Factory, Yandina
- Small – Red Lock Escape Rooms, Maroochydore
- Export – Advanced Aquarium Technologies, Kunda Park
- Festivals and Events (Tourism) – Sunshine Coast Lightening, Sippy Downs
- Food and Agribusiness
- Large – Good Harvest Organic Farm, Coolum
- Small – Global Boss International, Eerwah Vale
- Health and Wellness
- Large – Sunny Street, Maroochydore
- Small – Stymie, Birtinya
- Large – Bella Venezia Group, Mooloolaba
- Small – Kaali Gourmet Indian Restaurant, Noosa
- Manufacturing – Helitak Fire Fighting Equipment, Noosa
- Professional Services
- Large – Travis Schultz & Partners, Mooloolaba
- Small – HRM Contracting & Consulting, Maroochydore
- Large – White’s IGA, Bli Bli
- Small – Pleasant State, Coolum
- Social Impact
- Large – Coast2Bay Housing Group, Maroochydore
- Small – Food and Agribusiness Network, Buderim
- Trades and Services
- Large – Office HQ, Buderim
- Small – Ms Monaco Hair Society, Sippy Downs
Congratulations to all the winners, finalists and entrants!